Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Welder Repair Technician
at Airgas, Inc.
- Travels to customer sites to troubleshoot and make necessary repairs and/or perform routine maintenance and NIST traceable calibration on all types of Airgas equipment and products including, but not limited to:
- Manual, robotic and semi-automatic GMAWP, GTAW and PAW welding equipment including many custom semi-automatic systems.
- Orbital tube and pipe welding systems.
- High purity bulk and cylinder gas systems.
- Integrated welding and motion control systems.
- Computer controlled welding systems.
- PLC controlled welding systems and gas systems.
- Ability to represent the company to our customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Completes all service orders in a neat and timely fashion and obtains customer's signature on the order prior to leaving facility.
- Maintains company provided diagnostic equipment, tools and other equipment in clean, good working condition and within manufacturer's recommendations. Properly looks and secures the equipment at the end of each day.
- Maintain inventory of parts in the Airgas facility.
- Communicates with Plant Manager on the job status, daily activities and unsafe conditions of equipment.
- Communicates by phone and in person with vendors, customers, sales staff, store managers and others, providing information on repair times, ordering of parts and supplies, etc.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM's) on Airgas customer equipment per company procedures.
- Maintain database of, and schedule all calibration and PM's on Airgas and Airgas's customer equipment.
- Maintains confidentiality with customers.
- Follows Airgas safety procedures and attends monthly safety meetings.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- Other Duties as Required
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Must have a valid US driver's license.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Business, Welding Technology preferred.
- Must have minimum of 2 years electrical and/or electronics experience.
- Must have general mechanical skills.
- Must be willing to attend training with vendors on a yearly basis, ie: Miller, Hypertherm, and Lincoln.
- Must be able to distinguish between different colors on electrical schematics drawings.
- Ability to speak in a clear, understandable manner and write legibly.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to plan a logical approach to troubleshooting and repairing equipment.
- Must be familiar with the concept of continuous quality improvement.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision, given proper instructions.
- Must be able to wear protective equipment as needed.
- Must be able to use trade type tools or hand tool such as welding equipment.
- Must maintain a clean MVR
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Ability to work in DOS and windows based computer systems.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability