Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Job TitleAdministrative Assistant
Area of InterestAdministrative
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Administrative Assistant to drive the business by providing project and administrative support for the Vice President of the Retirement Plans Division.
Incumbent will be responsible for the coordination of activities and ensuring the timely flow of information for the Vice President of the division. S/he will handle the details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment. S/he will have proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organize and maintain administrative processes is essential to this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide administrative support for the SVP, Retirement Plans and VP, RP & Business Services including but not limited to: travel expenses, calendars and presentations.
- Represent the voice and reputation of the leaders when communicating on their behalf (email, phone etc)
- Provide administrative support as needed for leaders and managers within Retirement Plans
- Responsible for preparing and distributing materials for meetings.
- Assist in budget preparation, monitoring and reporting
- Review, verify and submit Wells Fargo Commercial Credit Card Expense Reporting (used by Ameritas associates).
- Process department invoices for timely payment and track for budget purposes
- Monitor expenses against each budget and provide monthly updates to each leader on where they are and how they are tracing for the year
- Ensure compliance with all department due dates and follow up in advance
- Manage team calendar to ensure appropriate coverage and escalate issues as applicable
- Handle daily incoming calls. Whenever possible, resolve issues and problems directly. Refer matters to appropriate individuals when other assistance is required.
- Assist in planning and preparation for Home Office meetings and activities. Meetings may take place in multiple locations. Participates in meetings as necessary.
- Assist with coordination and distribution of materials for meetings, agency/client visits, presentations, conferences and events
- Training and communication with Home Office partners on new processes or process improvement relating to Retirement Plans
- Coordinate associate interview process
- Lead the new associate onboarding process
- Responsible for department celebrations and recognition including but not limited to: leading the coordination of events, partnering with peers across locations on execution, staying in budget, communicating with associates, and partnering with leadership team to gather feedback that improves engagement.
- Back up support for internal associates in Retirement Plans
- Coordinate with internal RP teams (Sales, Systems, Planning and Actuary)
- Bridger, FinCen Reports, Legal Notices - Respond to requests in the time line provided and develop process to communicate results
- Coordinate home office visits as needed
- Work with field associates and potentially clients over the phone. Help to resolve issues when possible, or direct the call properly, always answer the phone promptly and professionally.
- Schedule and coordinate any office agent visits/meetings including materials, logistics, budget, expense payment and follow up
- Manage special projects relating to Retirement Plans
- Support department projects administratively including reporting and communication
- High School education required, associate's degree preferred
- Minimum five years' work experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required & Lotus Notes preferred
- Prefer knowledge of qualified retirement plans and insurance industry
- Excellent written communication skills including strong spelling, grammar and proofreading abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in order to communicate with a variety of individuals on many different levels within the company and outside the organization.
We are Ameritas: proud to say we're in the business of fulfilling life.