Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commissions Representative I, AIC
at Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Job TitleCommissions Representative I, AIC
LocationAmeritas Investment Corp-NELK5
Area of InterestAccounting
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Commissions Representative I, AIC to drive the business by assuring the accurate and timely entry of commissions and fees for payment to AIC Registered Representatives and Investment Advisory Representatives. Commission accounting and providing exceptional customer service are also primary functions of this role.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide exceptional customer service to AIC Registered Representatives and internal partners; respond within AIC 24hr minimum service standard
- Identify and appropriately code commission statements from securities vendors for input into Caesar
- Enter commission payment information into Caesar via batch processing for bimonthly commission runs
- Process electronic commission and advisory fee files received from the DTCC, Pershing, National Financial, Summit Investment Partners, ALIC, and third party vendors daily/quarterly as received
- Prepare daily deposit of checks, including cash receipt entry in Caesar and deposit accounting
- Daily bank account settlement tracking and verification
- Daily accounting of all securities transactions entered
- Cross-train to cover other department functions/support the Processing Team
- Timely maintenance of department filing systems for the reference of all Commissions Team members, including Imaging, Vendor Reference Documents, and other modes of rep research documentation
- Create/maintain up-to-date procedures for daily processes
- Maintain flexibility to best meet the priorities of the department
- This position is in an office environment. Incumbent must spend long periods of time on the computer and telephone. Attendance at AIC or enterprise events may be required
- Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service, primarily via phone
- Strong attention to detail coupled with data entry skills
- Strong work ethic and high accountability
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced, changing environment
- CAESAR system knowledge, and that of Imaging, Lotus Notes, Personal Computing/Microsoft Office programs, and the Internet
- Prior securities or insurance industry experience is desired
- Accounting experience desired
We are Ameritas: proud to say we're in the business of fulfilling life.