Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Group Client Service Rep
at Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Job TitleGroup Client Service Rep
Area of InterestInsurance
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Group Client Service Rep to drive the business by being responsible for customer service, issuance and administrative functions for small case. This includes implementation of billing, collection and reconciliation of premium; policy lapses and cancellations; and customer service to policyholders, field sales offices, agent/brokers, SA's and individual insureds.
Essential Job Functions
- Being available to answer telephone calls from assigned cases and all customers.
- Research of customer needs and problems; development of informed, innovative solutions; and decisive action within defined parameters of authority; to build customer loyalty while maintaining the financial and procedural integrity of the case. This includes pro-actively calling customers.
- Set-up and maintenance of administrative data and functions, which requires a good working knowledge of administrative, issue and work flow systems, as they apply to Group Administration.
- Coordination with IS, Accounting and other Group departments to meet the needs of policyholders.
- Must have a working knowledge of the following functions of Group Administration -- new case set up; issue; billing; collection and reconciliation of premium (including monthly reconciliation of suspenses and unbalanced accounts to the satisfaction of the customer); processing small case policy changes in accordance with procedural guidelines and in compliance with legal regulations; on-going administration; backup support for data entry process; group terminations and final accounting -- it is critical that final accounting is completed immediately to facilitate recovery of money due. While the CSR's team focus may be on one or more of the items listed, the CSR will backup other teams in order to meet department needs or measures.
- A working knowledge of the functions and systems of Accounting and Group Claims, Underwriting, Licensing, Managed Care and other Group units, as they relate to administrative functions.
- Meeting or exceeding service standards with respect to accuracy, turnaround time and overall quality of work product and service.
- Active participation in and support of the Quality program.
- Recommend improvements in procedures and systems to enhance the efficiency and quality of customer service in Group Administration.
- Participate in Group Line projects and initiatives as requested by the manager.
- All functions and tasks assigned by Team Leader or Manager.
- A College degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Previous experience in group insurance administration or underwriting is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of required computer systems and applications.
- Understanding of applicable legal regulations are required.
- A basic understanding of risk factors and the effect of administrative actions on the financial integrity of the business is required.
- Accuracy, productivity and a high quality of work product are required.
- The incumbent must work with co-workers and customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Diffuse problem situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Be flexible and creative in meeting customer needs.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to accurately interpret written information.
- The ability to work independently.
- Be flexible, and have a positive attitude.
- Work well in a team environment