Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Client Manager
at Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Job TitleRegional Client Manager
LocationAmeritas Life-Remote MA-MAREM
Area of InterestFinance
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Regional Client Manager to drive the business by cultivating relationships between the Ameritas Home Office, financial professionals and qualified plan decision makers with the goal of retaining and growing plan assets. Based on the service matrix, this position partners with the financial professional to enhance the plan sponsor's perception of the financial professional and Ameritas. This position proactively manages plan sponsor expectations based on the service matrix to focus on the valued-added services provided to the small plan marketplace. Relationship-building is a key purpose of this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops strong business relationships with plan decision-makers gaining an understanding of the employer and industry. Identifies employees who are involved with the operation of the plan. Identifies other key service vendors who influence the operation of the plan ex. payroll vendor, accountant, TPA.
- Guides assigned new plans through the installation and transition process. This may include conducting enrollment meetings, reviewing the plan adoption agreement and investment contract with the plan sponsor, obtaining signatures, explaining data and contribution transmission methods and resolving any issues that may arise during the installation and transfer process.
- Schedule and conduct service, investment and fiduciary review meetings with plan decision makers designed to identify the plan sponsor's plan goals and to define appropriate objectives. Based upon the service matrix, these meetings may be in-person or via WebEx.
- Coordinates problem resolution for the plan sponsors, keeping the profitability of the plan in mind. Partner with Retirement Plans Services staff to resolve problems, share information and maximize service through a team approach.
- Identifies at-risk plan sponsor relationships and enlists the resources needed to retain the business. Plan asset persistency is a key metric for this position.
- Based on the service matrix, conduct plan design reviews to determine that the plan features meet the plan sponsor's goals and business needs. Identifies and recommends changes to the plan document. Coordinates amendment and restatement processes.
- Conducts enrollment and participant education meetings.
- Coordinates conversions to the Advantage Elite or GPS contract, as appropriate.
- Assist Regional Directors, Internal Regional Sale Consultants and Financial Professionals in achieving sales goals, developing business plans and data mining existing plan sponsors for sales and service opportunities.
- Promotes the introduction of new products, features or enhancements to the Financial Professionals, TPAs and Plan Sponsors.
- Identifies and offers business solutions to plan sponsors to ease the administrative burden or expense associated with the plan.
- Explains fee and expense charges.
- Identifies and communicates changes in plan sponsors' expectations or competitors' services and products to Retirement Plans leadership.
- Keeps abreast of industry and regulatory changes and issues through reading, attendance at seminars or other means.
- Informs plan sponsors in a timely manner regarding industry and regulatory issues important to the plan sponsor.
- Effectively manages a budget for travel and entertainment expenses.
- Provides feedback to Retirement Plans management regarding the effectiveness of communications, procedures and personnel.
- Identifies and communicates cross-selling opportunities to financial professionals.
Other responsibilities as identified.
- Must obtain Series 6 license and state insurance license within six-months of hire. Must obtain AIF professional designation within one year from hire date. Ongoing continuing education, as mutually agreed upon with manager.
- A minimum of five years experience in qualified retirement plans administration, compliance or investments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships and partner with the Regional Director, Regional Sales
- Consultant, Financial Professional, TPA, Plan Sponsor and home office staff.
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Overnight travel and evening plan sponsor meetings required.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Prefer minimum of 3 years of retirement plan relationship management experience, including a general knowledge of plan design, fiduciary requirements, nondiscrimination testing, 5500 preparation, investments, guaranteed accounts and separate accounts.
- Must be located in CT or MA
We are Ameritas: proud to say we're in the business of fulfilling life.