Great Plains Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Great Plains Health
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3017
Categories: Healthcare - LPNs & LVNs
North Platte, NE
To inspire health and healing by putting patients first - ALWAYS.
- Position Summary
- The Clinic LPN is responsible for direct patient care. This person will check patients in upon their arrival. Using EMR the nurse will obtain vital signs, Review of Systems; medication lists, family and social histories, and reviews the medical records for completeness before the physician sees the patient. This person makes sure appropriate supplies are available for the patient's visit and any procedures as well as makes sure that the rooms are sterile and safe. Additionally the nurse will triage patient phone calls, medications requests, support physician with in-office procedures and administer logs such as refrigeration control and sample medication receiving/distribution.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program
- Current Nebraska License as LPN
- Physical Demands
- Sit and/or walk up to 9 hours daily
- Moderate occasional lifting
- Push and or pull patients in wheelchairs
- Bend reach and stoop throughout the day
- Carry 50 lbs occasionally
- Able to help physically restrain a patient
- Vision hearing and color vision within normal limits
- Frequent Computer use
- Essential Functions
- Ensures quality patient care and adheres to provider preferences for their patients. Explains procedures, treatments and reinforces provider recommendations to patients.
- Provides prescribed sample medications in accordance with approved nursing techniques. Administers injections/immunizations as prescribed by providers.
- Uses EMR to record visit, medication(s) and entry of patient information such as vital signs, ROS, medication lists, family and social history accurately. Record test results, reports and other procedural documentation in patient chart and reports to providers for further instructions or sign off.
- Maintains sample prescriptions by logging their receipt. Upon distribution must be documented in the patient's chart. Sends written, verbal or computer generated requests for prescription refills to pharmacies as requested by provider.
- Tracks lab and procedure orders. Communicates clinical data test/procedure results accurately to the healthcare team.
- Initiates a patient education plan as prescribed by physician or clinic policy. Communicates and instructs plan of care to patient/family/guardians. Documents understanding of instructions given in the patient's chart.
- Completes and documents patient phone calls in the patient's chart.