Great Plains Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Great Plains Health
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3664
North Platte, NE
To inspire health and healing by putting patients first - ALWAYS.
- Position Summary
- The MRI Technologist is responsible for completing specialized MRI procedures in accordance with organizational policies and established professional standards of care. This position is accountable for the quality of the examinations completed utilizing specialized knowledge, judgment and critical thinking skills necessary to obtain accurate diagnostic images.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent required. Graduation from an accredited two-year program in radiologic technology preferred. Registration or registry eligible with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or other Allied Health Association certification preferred.
- State Required: Current Medical Radiographer license or Temporary Medical Radiographer as defined by 16-006.04 Nebraska Health and Human Services Regulation and Licensure - 18 months after date of issuance and not renewable.
- GPRMC Required/Preferred: BLS certification required.
- Physical Demands
- Stands and or walks frequently.
- Sits frequently.
- Lifts and or carries up to 10# pounds frequently, 50# occasionally.
- Pushes and/or pulls up to 20# frequently.
- Bends, stoops, and crouches frequently.
- Reaches floor-waist frequently.
- Climbs a 1-step stool occasionally.
- Manual dexterity, eye hand coordination and color vision within normal limits for age and gender.
- Essential Functions
- Reviews, obtains and records patient history and reason for examination. Interprets the information needed to evaluate appropriateness of examination ordered. Tailors the examination to meet the specific needs of the patient relative to physical abilities and age-specific needs. When performing procedures requiring the use of intravenous contrast media, reviews the patient's lab values indicating renal function and consults the radiologist with abnormal findings. Reconciles the patient's list of at home medications finding any conflicts with the use of contrast media.
- Transports patients in a safe manner. Assists the patient in preparation for the examination or procedure in a professional manner ensuring patient privacy and comfort. Performs venipuncture on patients receiving examinations requiring the use of intravenous contrast media. When doing interventional procedures is required to prepare sterile field and assist the radiologist as needed.
- Operates equipment in compliance with manufacturing specifications, selecting proper technical factors based on the patient's body habitus, pathology, age and physical abilities and limitations. Knowledge of the safety issues inherent in the use of the MRI machine keeping patients and employees in a safe environment at all times.
- Demonstrates anatomy requested per examination adhering to department examination protocols and standards of care. Demonstrates competency in clinical function related to assessment, treatment and care of patients. Is knowledgeable in the use of intravenous contrast media and treatment of adverse reactions.
- Prepares completed images for reading by interpreting physician. Demonstrates competency in using all software applications necessary in the completion of the examination.
- Takes department call as assigned.
- Demonstrates commitment to continual learning, growth and development by participating in continuing education activities and staying abreast of changing technology, new procedures and protocols.
- Employee performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating core and leader behaviors each and every day.