Great Plains Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Great Plains Health
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3593
North Platte, NE
To inspire health and healing by putting patients first - ALWAYS.
- Position Summary
- The Surgical Technologist works under the supervision of the perioperative nurse and the medical practitioner providing surgical/procedural care to patients. The Surgical Technologist facilitates the safe and effective conduct of invasive and/or surgical procedures, ensuring the operating/procedural room environment is safe and that the procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Graduate of a Surgical Technologist Program, LPN or on the job training
- Oxygen Certification (Medication Aide Training Hospital based) required within 6 months of hiring. Update to be completed every 2 years.
- Current BLS required.
- Certification in Surgical Technology if eligible to take certification exam.
- Special Procedures ORT Completes SGNA Associates Program within 6 months of date of hire.
- Physical Demands
- Stand and/or walk constantly.
- Sit occasionally.
- Lift knuckle to waist height up to 50 pounds constantly.
- Lift waist to shoulder height up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Carry up to 40 pounds up to 25 feet.
- Demonstrate visual acuity and color vision within normal limits for age and gender.
- Demonstrate fine motor and eye hand coordination within normal limits for age and gender.
- Reach floor to overhead frequently.
- Bend and stoop to floor frequently.
- Essential Functions
- Demonstrates knowledge of anatomy, physiology, surgical procedures, cleaning, sterilization techniques, universal precautions, and aseptic techniques.
- Prepared the instruments, supplies, endoscopes and equipment necessary during the surgical and invasive procedure. Prepares instruments etc. for high level disinfection or terminal sterilization.
- Understands the procedure being performed and skillfully anticipates the needs of the surgeon maintaining a high level of sterile technique during the procedure if applicable.
- Continues professional development by participating in education, training, in-services etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to ensure quality patient care during the invasive/operative procedure, being constantly vigil for maintenance of the sterile field if applicable.
- Assures supplies and equipment needed for invasive/surgical procedures is present. Checks for integrity and sterility of the instrument sets and supplies as applicable.
- Performs appropriate counts with the circulator per GPRMC count policy.
- Assists other members of the team with cleaning of the room prepares the room for the next patient.
- Assist in preparation of the specimens. Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and Labels medications/solutions needed for surgery procedure. Sets up a disinfected table for Invasive procedure performed in the Special Procedure Suite.
- Actively participates in the Universal Protocol process for patient and self safety.