Great Plains Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Great Plains Health
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 2948
North Platte, NE
To inspire health and healing by putting patients first - ALWAYS.
- Position Summary
- The Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for completing specialized technical ultrasound procedures in accordance with organizational policies and established professional standards of care. This position is accountable for the quality of the examinations completed utilizing specialized knowledge, judgment and critical thinking skills necessary to obtain accurate diagnostic images.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent required. Registry or registry eligible with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or Cardiac Credentialing Institute (CCI) preferred.
- State Required: None.
- GPRMC Preferred: BLS certification required. Graduation from an accredited two-year program in ultrasonography technology preferred. Registry or registry eligible with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or Cardiac Credentialing Institute (CCI) preferred.
- Physical Demands
- Sit frequently.
- Stand and/or walk frequently.
- Lift and or carry 5 pounds 100 feet frequently.
- Push and/or pull 10 pounds frequently.
- Bend, stoop and crouch occasionally.
- Reach floor to shoulder height occasionally.
- Manual dexterity, eye hand coordination and visual acuity within normal limits for age and gender
- Ability to drive an automobile occasionally.
- Essential Functions
- Reviews, obtains and records patient history and reason for examination. Interprets the information needed to evaluate appropriateness of examination ordered. Tailors the examination to meet the specific needs of the patient relative to physical abilities and age-specific needs.
- Transports patients in a safe manner. Assists the patient in preparation for the examination or procedure in a professional manner ensuring patient privacy and comfort. When doing interventional procedures is required to prepare sterile field and assist the radiologist as needed.
- Operates equipment in compliance with manufacturing specifications, selecting proper technical factors based on the patient's body habitus, pathology and physical abilities and limitations.
- Demonstrates anatomy requested per examination adhering to department examination protocols and standards of care. Demonstrates competency in clinical function related to assessment, treatment and care of patients.
- Prepares completed images for reading by interpreting physician documenting preliminary findings on the appropriate sonography worksheet. Demonstrates competency in using all software applications necessary in the completion of the examination.
- Takes department call as assigned.
- Demonstrates commitment to continual learning, growth and development by participating in continuing education activities and staying abreast of changing technology, new procedures and protocols.
- Employee performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.