This position is responsible for developing and maintaining key client relationships through the sales process.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develop and maintain key client relationships.
2. Responsible for growing business by selling to new prospects.
3. Develop and maintain expertise on assigned clients and their business.
4. Grow and maintain sales typically through consultative selling with median to significant revenue targets.
5. Accountability to meet or exceed sales budget and for the delivery of service to meet the clients expectations.
6. Build effective partnership relationships with key individuals including the decision-makers within the appropriate segments.
7. Develop and maintain strategic account management plans.
8. Manage expenses wisely.
9. Responsible for the accurate development and update of the monthly forecast.
10. Jointly responsibility for account relationships.
11. Manage the clients' expectations while working to create a feeling of mutual respect between the Company and the client.
12. Must be able to handle difficult situations; make decisions, sometimes with incomplete information; and deliver unfavorable news in a professional, results-oriented manner.
13. Responsible for the management of programs from start to finish, including obtaining cost estimates, preparing contracts, and developing procedures to assist in the organization of information (critical paths, status reports).
14. Understand the clients' objectives for each program and be able to translate difficult and technical needs to the Client Service Specialist for the successful execution of the program.
15. Maintain extensive knowledge of all Company products/services/systems in order to service and cultivate accounts.
16. Take initiative to enhance knowledge of the relevant vertical market industry, in addition to maintaining an extensive knowledge of the Direct Marketing industry in general.
17. Travel 25 -- 50% of time.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
1. Analytical and problem solving skills.
2. Product and project management skills.
3. Proven sales and presentation skills.
4. Decision making skills.
5. Strong verbal and written communications.
6. Professionalism and interpersonal skills.
7. Self-initiative and leadership.
8. Ability to work effectively and contribute within a team environment and with clientele.
Education, Experience, and Certification:
1. Bachelor's Degree in related field of study or equivalent required.
2. 7 to 10 years of Direct Marketing sales experience required.
Data Axle is a leading provider of data and data-driven marketing solutions. Data Axle provides data, technology and services that help marketers acquire new customers and maximize the value of existing relationships. The company's data and marketing solutions help clients of all sizes, from local SMBs to FORTUNE 100™ enterprises, increase sales and customer loyalty. Data Axle provides both digital and traditional marketing channel expertise that is enhanced by access to our proprietary data on 280 million individuals and 24 million businesses. For more information, visit www.data-axle.com.
At Data Axle, our employees are directly responsible for our success. We strongly believe in rewarding employees for their initiative, teamwork and leadership. Every day, we expect our employees to ask questions, demand better solutions and challenge one another to succeed. We are constantly looking for candidates who are not only qualified and knowledgeable, but also have the drive to grow professionally. We hire dynamic individuals in variety of fields such as information technology, account management and client services, sales, marketing, administration and human resources.
Affirmative Action/EEO Policy
At Data Axle, we are committed to attracting, retaining and engaging employees from all walks of life. Diversity is an important part of our values and business operations. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that promotes professional development for everyone. As part of that commitment, Data Axle does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran and/or Veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. In addition, Data Axle will provide reasonable accommodation for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.