Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lindsay Corporation
- 16-Sep-2019 (CST)
- Lindsay, NE, USA
- Full Time
Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the world's leading providers of irrigation and water management, it's Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporation's infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Your Role: We are currently looking for a Traffic Dispatcher to join us at our Lindsay NE location. This position will be responsible for coordinating and scheduling drivers for pick-up and delivery in a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
- Secure trucks for inbound loads from various locations to Lindsay, NE facility, or third-party locations.
- Coordinate drivers according to customer delivery requests and in compliance with DOT regulations and Lindsay Corporation rules.
- Enter load assignment data into Navision system.
- Track and monitor import containers, working closely with Receiving Supervisor and Intermodal carrier.
- Communicates delays and route changes as necessary, to both internal and external customers.
- Back up support for Outbound Irrigation Dispatcher and LTS Dispatcher.
- Ensure timely dispatch of freight.
- Track and monitor carrier performance by completing KPI's.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
?? POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have some basic knowledge of DOT regulations as they pertain to transportation.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft products, especially excel.
- Must be able to read and understand maps, calculate miles, and freight rates.
- High school diploma or General Education degree (GED)
- Associates degree in Transportation, Logistics, or related field preferred
- At least 3 years of related experience and execution of similar duties in warehouse/freight operations required
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills to prepare and assign routes.
- Strong leadership skills to ensure drivers compliance with direction and assignments.
- Basic understanding of geographical area and mapping programs to facilitate efficient routing.
- Proficient with or able to quickly learn dispatch and recordkeeping systems.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure.
- Thorough understanding of shipping industry.
What we have to offer: Lindsay has a very competitive compensation plan, including a strong bonus programs and advancement opportunities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, pretax spending accounts, 401(k), tuition assistance, a stock purchase plan, 9 paid holidays, and a Paid Time Off plan where you could accrue up to 15 days within the first year.
What makes Lindsay unique?
- Committed to sustainable practices to save energy and use fewer resources daily
- Dedicated to innovation to achieve growth through advanced technology
- Locations across the US and internationally
- Teamwork, employee appreciation, stable career path, and growth opportunities
Apply TODAY at https://lindsay.applicantpro.com/jobsearch/
Lindsay Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and maintains a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.