Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adjunct Faculty - Physiological Psychology
at Midland University
- 28-Aug-2020 to Until Filled (CST)
- Academic Affairs
- Fremont, NE, USA
- Part Time
Midland University, a private, Christian, liberal-arts college in Fremont, Nebraska, (just outside of metro Omaha) is seeking an exceptional adjunct faculty member to teach Physiological Psychology. Responsibilities include preparing and delivering lectures, designing engaging classroom activities, providing timely feedback on assignments, and responding to student inquiries within 24-hours, meeting with them individually as needed. Courses are offered in 16-week terms. Term begins in January.
- A master's degree in Psychology or closely-related discipline is required; All but dissertation (ABD) or PhD is preferred.
- Graduate course work in Physiological Psychology, Neuroscience or closely-related topics required
- Experience teaching at the college level or teaching/training adults is highly preferred
The ideal candidate should demonstrate:
- A desire to use innovative techniques in the classroom
- A willingness to collaborate with peers
- A genuine interest in student development
- An ability to work with diverse student populations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster a collegial work environment that encourages change and innovation; and an ability to interact effectively and work productively, cooperatively, and collaboratively with a variety of individuals and groups
- Wages paid on a per course basis commensurate with education, experience, and individual strengths
- An engaging, respectful and productive working environment
- Access to campus events, including sporting event and theatrical performances
Hiring for these positions is cyclical and on-going, dependent on program growth and schedule of courses. The position will remain open until filled.