State of Nebraska
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Student Work Study Program Employee (Temporary)
at State of Nebraska
Pay: up to $14.06/hour
$14.06 - $
Job Status: Part Time,Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 2215099
Overall Job Objective
- Get a vision of your career with a dynamic, supportive and innovate work environment, and experienced training and career development. Start your career path today as a Student Work Study.
This is a temporary, part time position that can be worked along with a class schedule. Please see the "REQUIREMENTS" section below for more details. This position can be extended up to 4 years under certain conditions and is generally 12 to 16 hours per week during class sessions with a chance to work additional hours during school breaks.
- Examples of Work
- Create location maps, help with Plan Specifications and Estimation (PS&E) blueline corrections. Assist with Standard Plans, and assist other technicians as needed. Assist in creation of Title Sheets and Summary of Quantity Sheets for projects.
- Qualifications / Requirements
- REQUIREMENTS: Must be a three-fourths student in good standing majoring in a discipline or field related to the work to be assigned.
PREFERRED: A third year student majoring in Civil Engineering with experience in the use of Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD), and course work in civil or architectural plans.
OTHER: Applicants must be at least a three fourths time student majoring in engineering or related field and be able to work at least 12 hours a week when classes are in session, 16 hours a week preferred. Temporary full time employment may be available during scheduled school breaks. Employment up to 2080 hours or four years, whichever comes first. If employed to 2080 hours, student must take a 30 day break before returning to work. Those applicants who have reached Senior Level status (89 credit hours or more) would be eligible for assignment to the senior level. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective communication skills. Some experience with using MicroStation or AutoCAD.