Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Line Manager - Global Construction Systems
at Valmont Corp
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Business Line Manager (BLM) is a centralized voice behind Valmont Global Engineered Support Structures’ strategy for the market channel which encompasses designated product(s) and execution, combining feedback from sales, marketing, business development, customers and prospects to lead the execution of strategic plans. The BLM is responsible for overall strategic direction, growth, profitability and customer satisfaction of the market channel. This includes strategic planning, product development and product launches for the market channel as well as one to three year strategic and tactical plans.
As part of strategic development, the Business Line Manager conducts market and competitive analysis, and the formulation of strategic responses to market opportunities that present themselves. This position works closely with the global ESS leadership team and their regional leaders to create growth opportunities within the market channel. The incumbent knows the competitors within the market channel and is considered the company expert on our competitor’s offerings in different areas of the world.
· This position reports to the Vice President, Business Development
· This role requires up to 30% travel (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
· Ability to create and execute business plans and deliver financial results
· Ability to establish and cultivate excellent working relationships with engineering, sales and operations
· Demonstrated leadership abilities
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Ability to solve complex problems and take on large challenges
· Ability to define market requirements
· Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Other Important Details about the Role:
· Partners with VP/GM’s across the globe to build common platform and global strategy for each region
· Interfaces with all functional roles to drive revenue and profitability for the product line
· Develops product plan, product roadmap and potential acquisition needs
· Together with the rest of the Marketing team, responsible for timely development and execution of product launch programs
· Provides margin and lead-time guidance, manages product line profitability and offerings
· Identifies business and operational requirements based on customer needs, industry trends, and feedback
· Works closely with Global Sales, Engineering and Marketing to position products as the market leader
· Focus on products globally to ensure that product development has a global scope and reach
· Defines market requirements for both current and planned new equipment
· Provides competitive information to sales in order to assist in selling
· Collects and analyzes marketing information including trends, opportunities and customer’s expectations
· Maintains current knowledge of emerging/advanced technologies in the marketplace, working collaboratively with engineering to identify potential new products that could be integrated into the product line
· Plans and implements successful product launches in conjunction with product marketing and sales
· Assists with developing marketing communications material to support new product launches as well as provides the necessary input for changes to existing marketing communications material
· Recommends product line extensions, opportunities and eliminations
· Assists in forecasting sales for operations planning
· Provides equipment product management support for international, ensuring that international is well-informed of decisions that affect international product offering
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 9+ years of experience or 11+ years of experience
· Experience with some or all of the following: outdoor lighting, architectural building products, detention systems, IoT, access systems
· Experience defining product requirements through market research and interpretation
· Strong strategy development skills, product roadmap development
· Expertise in the use of influence, team participation, consensus building and dealer/customer
· Experience executing successful product development products and launches
· An understanding of technologies that are currently utilized in the product line
· Demonstrated knowledge of product management process
· Valid driver’s license and U.S. Passport for international travel
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or relevant technical field
· Bachelor’s degree or other Advanced Degree (MBA, MA, ME)
· Product management responsibility on an international scale
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed within an office environment with some work being done in remote locations, offsite sales meetings, and out in the manufacturing shop. While visiting the manufacturing areas of the plant, use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is required at all times. The work environment can be demanding at times especially during the busy sales season or prior to new product launches. Domestic and international travel represents up to 30% of the work schedule and includes transportation by vehicle and by air. This position requires movement around the office as well as the ability to drive a vehicle to and from the various work sites including the occasional transportation of other team members. This position may require lifting, carrying, bending, kneeling, pivoting, reaching, standing, climbing stairs, handling, gripping, grasping and visually inspecting equipment parts. Overall the physical effort level is considered light. Heavy equipment can be moved with a dolly or the aid of a hoist. Movement of heavy equipment is rare. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.